Sunday, March 23, 2014

Let's Give This Another Go

I've missed blogging. I've missed being able to put my thoughts down on the page, so to speak. It's been three years and so much has changed. For starters, my blog address was snapped up by someone else. Go figure. So I'm changing it up a bit - new times, right? I'll still write a little of this, a little of that. Maybe I'll keep it public, maybe I'll go private, the world is my oyster. Oysters are nasty, BTW. I'm changing that to the world is my lobster tail. There...that works.

I'm now a mama to three beautiful dogs. Daysie is a four year old brown Miniature Pinscher, Nimbus is a 4 year old black and rust Miniature Pinscher, and Cadie is an almost two year old Party Toy Schnauzer. They are the lights of my life, my joys, and my test. Yep, I said it. I've decided the beauty of having dogs rather than children is that you can always put the dogs in their kennel when they start to annoy you. It's frowned upon to do that to a child. 


J and I got married 2 1/2 years ago. It wasn't romantic or anything. It was more 'we should get married', 'yeah, okay'. Don't get me wrong, I love that man. I just don't think we're romantic people. We're too sensible for our own good. We bought a home in South Jordan and have been here for a month longer than we've been married. We chose a growing development and we got in right when the getting was good (that's the saying, right?). We have neighbors we like a lot, and neighbors we don't like at all. I guess you find that in any neighborhood though, right? As far as I can tell, we are one of the only couples in the area who don't have kids, and since we don't go outside to smoke or drink beer on the front porch, nor are we very active in the community, we've sort of outcast ourselves. That actually suits us just fine as our dream Saturday is having the house clean then enjoying each others company...maybe a movie, a little X-Box for him, a little reading or cooking for me. We've domesticated ourselves well all things considered.

I have been working as a Registration Manager for my company for just under 3 years and I love my work. I have a team (remember how I like to be the boss?) and really enjoy all the people I get to work with. Stressful as always, but again - Remember how I thrive on that? I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't growing gray hairs. 

Well, the hubs and I are headed to Costco - I told you we were domestic. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment