Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Quest to be a Domestic Goddess

Yes, I'm on one of those. I'm not doing too badly either, if I do say so myself. I have the home. I have the family (my pups are so much  my children, but in a totally healthy way). And now...I have the Kitchen Aid. 

Okay, I already had a Kitchen Aid, but it wasn't exactly the one I wanted. You see, I have this problem. I think people refer to it as impatience. I like to think of it as constantly moving forward - even if it slows me down. I can't tell you how many times a week people (everyone - my husband, my friends, my co-workers) tell me some version of 'Patience is a virtue'. I can't help it. If I ask J to unload the dishwasher and I don't specifically say 'Just when you have the time', that means I want/need him to do it right away. So I unload it because I need it unloaded right then. I digress. Kitchen Aids. About 4 years ago I finally bought myself a Kitchen Aid after about 10 years of wanting one (the impatient thing doesn't ALWAYS hold true...though I was 'moving forward' by thinking about it all the time). I bought it because it was the color I wanted, and it was affordable, as affordable as Kitchen Aids ever are. It was not, however, the model I wanted. It took 10 years to get there though, so I was grateful for what I had. 

J bought me a professional Kitchen Aid 'just because I love you and it was on sale', and it arrived today! He also got the shred attachment, and I've already shred about 20 baby carrots into little pieces that I then let the pups (hereto after referred to as 'the girls') gobble up.I bought a brick of cheese at Costco - just to shred. I'm really excited about this. It's silver and matches all of my kitchen appliances. It's so much smoother than my old one, and it's SO. MUCH. BIGGER. I love it! 

I can put to use all those cookbooks I've been binge-buying over the last year! Recipes that require me to mix this together and that together and then combine the two? Piece of cake! I can make cake! Well...I can make more cake. Bigger cake. BETTER cake. Better how? I don't know! Maybe because I'm happy with my Kitchen Aid - that will translate into my baking. Cook with love and all that. It's a theory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment